Thursday, August 1, 2013

Travel Bug

Oh, you guys. August is here and with it comes a respite from travel. We have zero travel plans for the near future, which is a welcome break. I added it all up the other day - the hubs and I (and the baby) have spent 72 hours in the car.

THREE WHOLE DAYS!

While I loved every minute of our travels, it has caught up to me.

I'm feeling it...

...in the disaster that is my house. We have not been home much - just enough to unpack halfway and repack.

...in the mountains of laundry that line the floors of our bedroom and laundry room.

...in my wallet. Gas is expensive! Eating out is expensive! Traveling is SO expensive!

...in my back. Three days in a car is a lot!

...in my gut. Oh, my. I don't want to set foot in a fast food restaurant for at least a year. The smell of McDonald's makes me want to vomit!

Don't get me wrong.

I love to travel.

I love visiting new places, old friends, and seeing all the sights.

But now? Now that we are back home, we've got to get back to reality ... 

(and to lose 900 pounds!)

No comments:

Post a Comment