Saturday, August 3, 2013

Canvas Art

Kid's nursery is slowly coming together! Being that he was six weeks early, we didn't have everything all set to go when we got to bring him home from the hospital. Day by day, we add a little more. Hopefully it will be done before he's a year old!

A few weeks ago, I decided to hang the canvas art I had mad for his nursery. It looks wonderful!

I wish I could link to the pin that I used as inspiration, but I guess it was one that I didn't actually pin. Whoops! I'm sure you've seen them, though, if you peruse the DIY & Crafts boards. You know the canvas art I'm talking about? Where you paint a base color, add some stickers, paint again and then peel the stickers off?

I was totally going to do that.

But. I couldn't find stickers that were big enough, in a font I wanted.

Plus. The saying I chose was long. I would have needed a hundred packages of stickers.

Maybe I exaggerate.

Instead, I decided to buy some stencils (in a font I liked) from Michael's and go that route. It worked so well!

At first, I was going to do "You are my sunshine / My only sunshine / You make me happy / When skies are gray." That was when I was convinced we were having a girl.

But. Kid is a boy. I could have done the same saying, but a friend gave me this book by Robert Munsch. And then, I knew. I knew exactly what saying I was going to use for the art in Kid's room.

"I'll like you forever
I'll love you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be."

It doesn't get much better than that, now, does it? I had the book growing up. I remember reading it to my little brother. When my friend gave it to me at one of the showers for Kid (the one that happened 5 days after he was born), I knew I wanted that saying somewhere in his room.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. : ) Your blog is wonderful. The quote you put on your son's wall is from one of my favorite books that I've read to my children thru the years. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!!

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning the visit! I hope your Sunday is wonderful!

      Delete