Wednesday, August 21, 2013

{recetas} Pepper Lime Chicken

Hello there!

It's been kind of a crazy week.

I'm unofficially back to school this week. We don't have to be at school until next week, but there are optional training courses and classroom preparations happening this week.

It is also Kid's first week (okay, three days) in daycare (okay, he's been at my mom's house). I'm handling it surprisingly well. Probably because he's with my mom. When we take him to his first day of actual daycare next week, I might be singing a different tune.

Anyway. I made up a recipe the other night, and my husband actually liked it!

We have a few (5) pepper plants in our gardens this year. And I don't necessarily know what kind of peppers they are. The botany students at a local high school planted them. We got our hands on them.

So, I had some peppers in the harvest bowl that needed to be used. And I had some chicken in the fridge that needed to be cooked or frozen. So, I made Pepper Lime Chicken

What you need:

  • Two random peppers (they were hot (but not too hot) peppers from the garden)
  • 6 chicken breast tenderloins
  • Black pepper
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Juice of half of a lemon
  • Butter

What you do:
  1. Place the chicken tenderloins in a medium sized bowl, with the juice of one lime and the juice of half of one lemon.
  2. Finely chop the two peppers (I think they were banana peppers? and some orange banana-looking pepper). I'd say any pepper would do, but maybe not a bell pepper. Place the chopped peppers in the bowl with the chicken.
  3. Squeeze the lemon and lime juice over the chicken and peppers. Mix to evenly coat the chicken.
  4. Melt the butter (about a tablespoon) in a pan over medium heat. Place the chicken and pepper mixture in the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Over medium heat, it took about 10 to 15 minutes.
  5. Place the chicken on a plate, and top with the cooked pepper mixture. Add black pepper to taste. Serve with your choice of vegetable (I chose green beans).

No comments:

Post a Comment