Monday, August 12, 2013

{recetas} Breakfast Burgers

Just last week, breakfast burgers were included in my weekly meal plan. I've decided that it is one of my favorite meals; something I'll throw into the mix a lot more frequently.

What you need:

  • 1 lb. ground meat of your choice (we had venison)
  • A few shakes of minced onion
  • 1 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
  • A few drops of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 avocado, mashed or sliced
  • 3 bell peppers (I had red, yellow, and green)
  • 1 package baby bella mushrooms
  • 4 eggs
  • Butter
  • Optional: buns or pumpernickel bread
What you do:

  1. In a medium sized bowl, mix the minced onion, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt with the ground meat (beef, venison, turkey, chicken). Divide the meat into four equal pieces. Work each piece into a patty. Grill or pan fry the burgers.
  2. Wash and slice the peppers and mushrooms. Sauté the vegetables in butter over medium heat. Add some seasoned or garlic salt if desired. If the vegetables and/or burgers are done before the eggs, keep them warm in a closed microwave or oven.
  3. Peel, pit, and slice (or mash) the avocado.
  4. Heat butter in a medium pan. Crack four eggs into the pan and fry them. I like to leave the yokes a little runny, but cook the eggs to your liking.
  5. Pile some peppers and mushrooms on a plate and place the burger on top. Add the egg on top of the burger, and top with the avocado. Or, put the egg, avocado, and burger on a toasted bun or between two slices of pumpernickel, and have the peppers and mushrooms on the side. I omit the bread as it is hard for me to swallow. 
I had my camera with me while making this meal with every intention of taking photos both during and after the process. I promise, I'm trying to get better at the whole photography thing! But a certain 4 month old I know had a different plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment