I've totally gorged on Christmas cookies and treats, and didn't want to make another pie, cake, or cookies. Plus, I don't really know what to use sweetened condensed milk for. So I asked my mom.
Moms really are the best, aren't they? I swear, mine knows everything. And if she doesn't, she makes something up for me and it sure as hell sounds like she knows what she's talking about.
This crock pot recipe is super easy. Like, pour a few things, stir a few times, enjoy. Yep. That easy.
What you need:
- 12 cups of milk (I used skim)
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag of mint chocolate chips
- Reddi-whip (or the store brand, doesn't matter)
I did not say that this was a healthy cocoa recipe. It's not even a little bit healthy. Skim milk is low-fat, though. So maybe that kind of cancels out the sweetened condensed milk and the heavy whipping cream?
What you do:
- Pour everything into the crock pot, except the reddi-whip.
- Stir it up, turn it on high for an hour, or low for 2 hours.
- Be sure to stir every so often, so the chocolate chips melt and don't burn to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Ladle it into mugs when it's hot (or just warm, you decide) and top it with the reddi-whip.
- Yum, yum, yum. Throw in a candy cane if you want to get fancy, but it is super minty already.