Tuesday, July 30, 2013

{recetas} Balsamic Vegetables

I need to remember to take pictures while I cook. Whoops!

As a side dish to the Maple Venison Chops from last night, I made some balsamic vegetables. They were delicious! This recipe makes enough for 4 people, with plenty of leftovers!

What you need:

  • 2 bell peppers, of any color (I used red and orange)
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 package of mushrooms (I used baby bella mushrooms)
  • balsamic vinegar
  • olive oil
  • minced garlic
  • salt
What you do:
  1. Slice all of the vegetables to your desired thickness. Place them in a 13" x 9" baking dish.
  2. Pour some vinegar and oil over the vegetables. I didn't measure. Use just enough to have a layer of oil and vinegar cover the bottom of the baking dish.
  3. Sprinkle salt over the top of the vegetables and mix them around, so all vegetables are coated with the oil and vinegar mixture.
  4. Add two tablespoons of the minced garlic. Mix the vegetables again. At this point, I tasted the marinade/dressing with my fingertip and decided that more salt was needed. I sprinkled a little more, and mixed the vegetables once more.
  5. Cover the vegetables with foil and bake at 325 degrees, for about 20 to 25 minutes. The time is variable. I checked them after 15 minutes and decided they needed about 7 minutes more. Just cook them to your desired degree of "done-ness."
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment