As a side dish to the Maple Venison Chops from last night, I made some balsamic vegetables. They were delicious! This recipe makes enough for 4 people, with plenty of leftovers!
What you need:
- 2 bell peppers, of any color (I used red and orange)
- 1 small onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 package of mushrooms (I used baby bella mushrooms)
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- minced garlic
What you do:
- Slice all of the vegetables to your desired thickness. Place them in a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Pour some vinegar and oil over the vegetables. I didn't measure. Use just enough to have a layer of oil and vinegar cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle salt over the top of the vegetables and mix them around, so all vegetables are coated with the oil and vinegar mixture.
- Add two tablespoons of the minced garlic. Mix the vegetables again. At this point, I tasted the marinade/dressing with my fingertip and decided that more salt was needed. I sprinkled a little more, and mixed the vegetables once more.
- Cover the vegetables with foil and bake at 325 degrees, for about 20 to 25 minutes. The time is variable. I checked them after 15 minutes and decided they needed about 7 minutes more. Just cook them to your desired degree of "done-ness."