Thursday, March 13, 2014

\\Thankful Thursday Vol. 10//


 I find that it is impossibly easy to get into a rut of negativity. And once you're there, it's hard to climb your way out. Writing down my thankfuls for each week has become a way to stay away from the negative. Feel free to leave your thankfuls in the comments.

This week, I am thankful for...


..the Mint Oreo Blizzard my husband surprised me with last night. We indulged in blizzards all the time when I was pregnant with Kid. Mmm, so delicious. And it was such a surprise. The hubs walked in the door with a huge grin, and his hands still in the garage (yes, it looked so awkward). And then, he showed me the blizzard! It was the best surprise ever!

...pickles. Kid had his first pickle this week. I know this is a lame thankful, but pickles are one of my favorite foods. And it is appear as though they are one of Kid's favorites as well. Woo hoo! He loved it! And got so mad when he dropped it on the floor.

...skiing. I've been trying to learn how to skate ski. I was part of the nordic ski team for a couple years in high school, but I only participated in classic skiing (where your feet go back and forth). Just this year, the hubs and I picked up skate skiing. Did anyone watch the biathlon events during the Olympics? They were skate skiing (and then stopping to do some target shooting). It has been so, so fun. Unbelievably tiring, but fun. And a great work out, too!

...the weather (now that I am talking about it, it'll will take a turn for the worse). Our weather has been delightful. Driving with the windows down. A light spring coat, instead of the hefty winter coat. It even smells like spring out there. The snow is melting, the sun is intense. And the birds are back!

No comments:

Post a Comment