Monday, July 16, 2012

{recetas} Lime Tilapia

This. recipe. was. delicious.

I found it using my wonderful AllRecipes app on my iPhone. It has what is called the "Dinner Spinner" and it is great! You can now add custom ingredients to the spinner, so I added tilapia, since that's what I had in the freezer.

Here is a link to the original recipe, but I modified it a little bit (that's becoming pretty typical for me!).

Here's what I did:

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon refrigerated minced garlic (making it easy on myself!)
  • 1 tablespoon oregano (the dried kind, from those mini jars)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • minced onion
  • a couple twists on the garlic pepper grinder
  • 2 tilapia fillets
  • 1 lime
*I did not add sugar or tequila.
*Instead of measuring, I used a small prep bowl and made sure the bottom of it was covered with the minced onion.

What to do:
  • Put all of the ingredients into a small prep bowl (except the tilapia and the lime!).

  • Place the tilapia fillets, one at a time, into the bowl. Be sure to cover each side with the marinade.
  • Oh yeah, preheat the oven to 450 (this is always something I forget to do, and end up waiting for the oven after everything is prepared). Probably a good idea to prepare a baking dish: cover it in foil, spray the foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
  • Place each fillet in the baking dish and "plop" the rest of the marinade on top of the fillets. Place a slice of lime on top of each fillet, and the extras around the baking dish.
  • Cover with foil. Place in oven and bake until the fish is flaky (I think it took my oven about 15 to 20 minutes, with the foil off for the last 5).
  • Serve with a salad (I had Caesar salad on hand, and it wasn't as weird as I thought it would be).

No comments:

Post a Comment