Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Only Two Hands

I am unsure as to why, but often times, when I get out of the car I want to bring everything into the house in one trip. Even if I just went to the grocery store for the week. It gets worse in this heat. Once I'm in the comfort of my air conditioned home, I don't really want to leave (especially since the A/C in my car doesn't work).

This is something I have done since I was little. I remember getting so frustrated with myself heading into the house from after-school soccer practice. I had my backpack full of homework and my soccer bag full of smelly soccer stuff. I usually had the big ol' jug of water and, for some reason, another bag (who knows why? I was a high school kid, they do weird things). I needed to get everything into the house at once.

The backpack was heavy. The soccer bag's strap dug into my neck. The handles on the random back sliced into my elbow-crease. Why did I torture myself?

What's worse? Why do I still do it to this day?

I came in from the grocery store today with 3 bags on each arm. A sack of potatoes in one hand and a gallon of milk in the other.

And then the inevitable happened:


The peppers, oh the peppers (the only items that stayed at the top of the stairs instead of tumbling all the way down).

Like the random dog toy?

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing.
    When I was younger, my first apt. was 3 stories up and I always, ALWAYS made the trip once. I think it stems from that some 15 years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that could be! Mine may have gotten worse from the 5th room of an elevator-free dorm?

      Delete