Tuesday, July 31, 2012

{recetas} Breakfast Popsicles

Breakfast is much more fun if you get to have a popsicle. Plus, I don't really like breakfast food that much, especially if it is at breakfast. Scrambled eggs for lunch or dinner would be fabulous. But for breakfast? No thanks!

While one of the girls I nanny was at yoga, the Deuce and I made a trip to my local thrift shop. Oh my amazingness. For the last few weeks, I had been looking around (at Bethesda and another thrift shop) for popsicle molds. Just a few days ago, I contemplated buying them new online.

But yesterday's Bethesda trip came through! I snatched the popsicle mold right up. I almost bought a set of 4 aluminum containers, but decided against it. As usual, I sent my mom a picture text to shower her my find for the day. She sent me hers. Including those 4 canisters. We are so much alike, it's unreal.

Anyway. Back to the recipe.

Breakfast Smoothie Popsicles.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups yogurt of your choice (I used Chobani's strawberry yogurt)
  • 1.5 cups frozen fruit of your choice (mine was a blend of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries)
  • a splash or two of lime juice
  • 4 tablespoons Chia seeds (optional)
  • a handful of spinach (optional; I didn't use spinach this time, but usually I do.)
The steps:
  • Place all of the ingredients into a blender until smooth-ish. It won't be completely smooth, especially if you added the spinach and Chia seeds...or a super seedy fruit.

  • Pour the mixture into the molds and insert the popsicle sticks.
  • Place the mold in the freezer overnight. Breakfast will be ready when you wake up!

Which was 10am for me today. I love summer!

1 comment:

  1. Popsicles for breakfast! We love it. Thanks for using Chobani as a part of your healthy lifestyle. Email fans[at]chobani dot com for some cups on us.

    ReplyDelete