While one of the girls I nanny was at yoga, the Deuce and I made a trip to my local thrift shop. Oh my amazingness. For the last few weeks, I had been looking around (at Bethesda and another thrift shop) for popsicle molds. Just a few days ago, I contemplated buying them new online.
But yesterday's Bethesda trip came through! I snatched the popsicle mold right up. I almost bought a set of 4 aluminum containers, but decided against it. As usual, I sent my mom a picture text to shower her my find for the day. She sent me hers. Including those 4 canisters. We are so much alike, it's unreal.
Anyway. Back to the recipe.
Breakfast Smoothie Popsicles.
- 2 cups yogurt of your choice (I used Chobani's strawberry yogurt)
- 1.5 cups frozen fruit of your choice (mine was a blend of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries)
- a splash or two of lime juice
- 4 tablespoons Chia seeds (optional)
- a handful of spinach (optional; I didn't use spinach this time, but usually I do.)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender until smooth-ish. It won't be completely smooth, especially if you added the spinach and Chia seeds...or a super seedy fruit.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Place the mold in the freezer overnight. Breakfast will be ready when you wake up!
Which was 10am for me today. I love summer!