Thursday, July 19, 2012

Learn Something New

The old saying is true. You really do learn something new every day.

I nanny two little girls, ages five and seven. The five-year-old ("Five and a half, Miss Lizzy!...I can hear The Deuce say in her ever-excited voice) does not like chocolate. Yup. That's what I wrote. She does not like chocolate:

Me: "Why don't you like chocolate, dude?"
The Deuce: "I think it tastes like mud and dirt."

Well, okay then. But, that isn't the something new that I learned today. Keep reading...

After making homemade playdough this morning, we decided to continue with a cooking theme. Well, we switched to baking and decided upon the chocolate-free Snickerdoodle cookie. A yummy cookie, for sure, but not one of my favorites (because there is no chocolate, duh).

We planned on having a lunch date with my husband at a super local, super yummy pizza place. The cookies were coming with as dessert (because store-bought cookies are not nearly as good as homemade!). The older girl packed four cookies into a baggy and away we went.

The hubs was so happy to see Snickerdoodle cookies. You know what he said?

"That's my favorite kind of cookie."

And that, my friends, was news to me.

I promise I'm not a horrible wife...we just don't have cookies that often. Because if we're going to have dessert it will for certainly be a nice big bowl of homemade ice cream.

You really do learn something new every day. Today I learned that the hubs loves Snickerdoodle cookies. I'll be posting a recipe soon...and baking more of the hubby's favorite cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment