Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Green Eyed Monster

It's here. In full force. That nasty green eyed monster named Envy.

I can't say that I am always envious, because I'm not. Sure, there are things that could be different in my life or things that I wish I had. But I have never felt envious of the people that have those things.

I realized, though, that I am envious of my good friend Karla. Once upon a time, she and I started a weight loss challenge. She won, by a lot. But I didn't care. I was happy for her. I was proud of her for reaching her goal weight. The girl looks amazing.

Since she has reached her goal weight (and I haven't!), she had started to focus on running. The girl can now run a 5K without stopping (or walking!). And. She's faster than I am.

I know, I know. I sound like a child. And it is horrible. I should be proud of all her accomplishments. I am, but I'm also a bit jealous of her running. She and I ran a 5K together last fall. We both ran slowly. We both walked.

Athletic competition, though, is huge. I want to do what she is doing. I want to run as fast as she can. My hope is that this jealously becomes a form of motivation. That it helps me to get my big butt out the door and exercising (because it's been forever since I have!).

I want to lose those last 10 pounds (10 are already gone). I want to run a 5K without walking.

I'll start today.

No comments:

Post a Comment