Saturday, January 4, 2014

Resolutions 2014


I'm not the greatest when it comes to New Year's Resolutions, but I'm hoping that this year will be different.

All it takes is some hard work, right?

As is the case with a lot of people, I feel more obligated to do something if I am held accountable. One way to achieve that accountability is to write down the resolutions. I've decided to write resolutions for the different aspects of my life, two or three for each.

2014 Resolutions for Minnesota Night

1. To include an image of some sort in all posts, whether it be a picture or an image created with PicMonkey. Do you use PicMonkey? It is nothing short of amazing!

2. To post at least twice a week.

3. To plan ahead. It is so much easier to manage a blog if there is a plan. Last minute posting does not work for me. With a plan, I hope to have well thought out posts with some great images (see number one).

2014 Resolutions for Life

1. To stay on top of the laundry. I don't know if is easier to designate one day as laundry day, or to do a load each day. But I need to do something to improve. I find myself doing a small load each week, and watching the piles of laundry explode until there's nothing left to wear and it takes 10 loads to get it all clean. No more. Staying on top of the laundry is a must!

2. To shed a few pounds. Honestly, I'm not too concerned with the number, especially since I reached my pre-pregnancy weight a few months ago. I'm more concerned with the shape my body has taken post-baby. While I know this is completely normal, there is nothing wrong with working out a little more, being a bit more active, so that I may be a bit happier with my shape.

3. To keep my camera handy and the battery completely charged. I have such a nice camera. It's a shame that I am not using it more. I need to take more pictures of my amazing little family.

2014 Resolutions for my Other Job

1. To maintain a clean desk, with papers organized each night. I often leave work with a mess on my desk that I decide to deal with the next morning. Which leads to busy and somewhat stressful mornings. I need to take 5 to 10 minutes of my after school time to organize and file said papers.

2. To include positive parent communication each Friday. There is no way that I can call every student's family on Fridays with a positive note. I plan to call five or six families each week to talk about something wonderful their child did at school. So frequently, teachers get in the rut of negative phone calls home. Little Bobby was misbehaving again. Susie isn't being friendly to a certain student in the class. The list goes on. While these calls are quite important, the positive calls are equally so.

And there you have it. My 8 New Year's Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment