Friday, January 10, 2014

Acu-what?!

NaBloPoMo January 2014

Day Eight

Have you ever tried acupressure to treat a problem?
What was your experience with it?

Nope. I have had zero experience with acupressure to treat problems.

I have had one experience, though, with acupuncture.

I was in college, studying in Cuernavaca, Mexico. My mornings consisted of an upper level Spanish course. My afternoons consisted of a course in hanging out in Mexico. It. Was. Awesome.

My Spanish teacher in Mexico was also certified to perform acupuncture. I walked into the classroom one morning to find Britney, one of the Bostonians, with her head on the table and ten to fifteen needles sticking out of her head and ear. Shocked, I sure was.

Britney had been struggling with migraines and was missing quite a few class sessions. She would stay in bed all day, in a dark room. That's no way to enjoy Mexico! Our teacher convinced her to try acupuncture and, after a few sessions, it's as if she were cured. She never missed another class. She never seemed to have any sort of headache or migraine.

I wonder if acupressure has the same effect?

No comments:

Post a Comment