Thursday, December 12, 2013

\\Thankful Thursday Vol. 5//


I find that it is impossibly easy to get into a rut of negativity. And once you're there, it's hard to climb your way out. Writing down my thankfuls for each week has become a way to stay away from the negative. Feel free to leave your thankfuls in the comments.

This week, I am thankful for...

...technology. Duh. I write a blog. Of course I dig technology and am thankful for it. But this week, it has saved my behind. Well. A colleague's behind. As you may (or may not?) know, I teach. One of my fellow colleagues was out sick this week, but didn't write any plans for a guest teacher. Yikes! I had a phone call, email, and text out to her in a matter of minutes! She stayed home sick the following day and  emailed me her guest teacher plans. What would have happened if we didn't have email and the internet at our fingertips!?

...sleep. This will be my last thankful for the week. I normally have this post ready to go on Wednesday afternoon. But here I am, 8:45 on Thursday night writing away. With heavy eyelids, and a sleep-deprived, foggy brain. I'm so very thankful for my warm and cozy bed. A place to rest my eyes and warm my toes (because the dog sleeps on my side of the bed until I crawl in...he makes it so nice and warm). I'm so thankful for the fact that the babe is already snoozing away, and I'm ready to enter a nice, long sleep. Yep. At 8:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment