Sunday, December 29, 2013

Family Traditions

One of my favorite things about family are the traditions. Each person in a new relationship brings his or her own family traditions to the table. When a new family is created, these traditions meld together, but remain unique and constant at the same time.

My husband and I created a new family unit on our wedding day in 2011. We added to our family when we brought Finn home. Again, we added to our family when we created the most precious little life.


The hubs and I are responsible for this little man, and for instilling in him a love for family. Hubby and I both adore our families, and are excited to create an amazing little family of our own. I have many fond memories of the special traditions created by my parents for my siblings and I.

Swimming at Grammy and Boppa's.s

Skating at the park.

One "mental health day" per school year to have a one-on-one activity with the parents (I usually chose to go skiing).

Saturday morning and/or Sunday morning cartoons all cozied up together, eating donuts while Mom and Dad read the paper.

Thanksgiving in Colorado.

The list could go on and on and on.

Now, the hubs and I are creating those traditions for Kid. One of those family traditions, that we started this year, will be to go cross country skiing the day after Christmas Day. This year, it was a whole-family affair (dog included).

our first nature boy

the next nature boy

skijoring (Finn is pulling me!)




I've linked up here:
 photo BlogHopButtonFinal_zps99116d5e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment