Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Onesie

If you have found me on Pinterest, you can find the inspiration for Kid's first Thanksgiving onesie.

I would have liked to have this post up before Thanksgiving. That would have been nice. Except, I didn't decide to make a Thanksgiving onesie until about 9pm on Thanksgiving eve.

Last minute. That's how I roll.

I made my way down to my craft room and found an old pair of brown corduroy maternity pants that I ripped mid-pregnancy. I also found an orange plaid shirt that was going to be worn by the ring bearer at my wedding. The shirt didn't get worn. I forgot to return it.

First, I grabbed a stack of printer paper to make my templates. I do them all by hand, and I'm also a perfectionist. I knew I wouldn't get it right on the first try. And I didn't. But, after a few tries, I had the perfect turkey body and feathers.

I should have pinned my patterns to the fabric, but I didn't. I held it in place with my fingers and cut away. If you do this at home, pin the pattern to your fabric and then cut. It will keep you from being annoyed.

I then cut a triangle from the orange shirt for a beak, and took two buttons for the eyes. I then added a little fray check to each piece and allowed them an hour to dry.

Next, add the beak and buttons to the turkey body.

Now, I could have used a sewing machine to sew on the feathers and turkey. But, we were going to be spending a few hours in the car to deliver Thankgsiving meals. So instead, I opted to sew by hand.

I'd say it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment