Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekly Meal Plan

I'm always amazed at how quickly Sunday arrives. Friday rolls around and then, just like that, it's Sunday.

Quite simply, Sunday has become errand day. Today's to-do list included the grocery story, a few clothing stores (for the baby, not me!), and my parents' house. They've given us a secretary desk and a couch. They wanted it out of their house yesterday.

I have to admit that I have gotten a lot better at "going with the flow" on Sundays. It used to be really difficult for me. I've always had a list of things to get done over the weekend. I would be immensely bothered on Sunday evenings if even one thing was left unchecked on the list. But lately, I've been more relaxed. I have allowed myself to enjoy the simple moments of the day with my three boys.

We also spent a lot of time with my sister and brother-in-law. Check out this picture I found of my boy and my nephew (6 weeks younger than G). Keep in mind that this is an old picture. The trees no longer have leaves up here in Minnesota. And we definitely would not be outside with out our winter jackets and hats!


So Sunday is here, and while there are a few things left undone on my list, the majority were completed.

I got to the grocery store. Refilled the fridge, freezer, and pantry.

I got to the clothing store. New (well, some used) clothes for the boy. The kid is growing like a weed. He'll be 8 months old on December 2nd and we've already moved him into 12 month clothes. Granted, he's in cloth diapers, which are quite a bit more bulky than disposables. But it's not just that. He is one long boy!

While I enjoy buying him new clothes, it's so sad to pack away the old ones! He's already growing so fast and I know it won't be slowing down!

Alrightly. Time to write out the meal plan and then get back to enjoying my family!


Sunday: dinner at my sister and brother-in-law's new house
Monday: dinner at my parents' house
Tuesday: Chipotle Meatloaf
Wednesday: Crockpot Beef Stew
Thursday: Thanksgiving!
Friday: Leftovers!
Saturday: Chicken Tacos

I hope everyone's week starts wonderfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment