Monday, November 18, 2013

{recetas} Ginger Chicken & Veggies

Finally, another recipe!

I've started to get a little bit creative with my cooking. I'm not always following recipes to a T anymore. In fact, sometimes I don't follow a recipe at all. I have to admit, I am proud of myself for that.

But, I must admit. My dinner experiments do not always work out. The flavors don't always meld. The hubs, though, eats it all up (even if it's horrible). Part of it is that he's not a picky eater (at all). Part of it is because he hates wasting food. Me too.


Anyway. This was a recipe that worked.

What you need:

  • 2 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 package frozen stir-fry blend vegetables
  • Tamari sauce
  • Fish sauce
  • ground ginger
  • coconut oil (for cooking)
  • sea salt
What you do:
  • First, mix 5 tbsp. tamari sauce and 3 tbsp. fish sauce in a bowl. Allow the chicken breasts to marinate for at least 1 hour. After marinating, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
  • Heat the coconut oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Place the chicken pieces in the pan and cook through. While cooking, add a few tablespoons of the tamari and fish sauce. Sprinkle 1/2 a teaspoon ground ginger over the chicken while it cooks.
  • When heated through, remove the chicken from the pan. Pour in the frozen and vegetables and heat. One done, add the chicken back to the pan. Mix the chicken and vegetables together. Sprinkle a few cranks of the salt grinder over the veggies and chicken.
  • Have yourself a little taste tests. More ginger? Add it! More salt? Add that, too.
  • Serve. You could serve the chicken and vegetables over rice. Or over warmed broccoli slaw. Or, just on a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment