Thursday, February 27, 2014

\\Thankful Thursday Vol. 9//

I find that it is impossibly easy to get into a rut of negativity. And once you're there, it's hard to climb your way out. Writing down my thankfuls for each week has become a way to stay away from the negative. Feel free to leave your thankfuls in the comments.


This week, I am thankful for...

...grandparents. I know I have mentioned family before, but this one is just focused on the grandparents. Kid has 4 of them, and they live within 10 minutes of us. He also has 4 great grandparents, that live within 20 minutes of us. What a lucky boy he is! But really. I am so fortunate to have family so close. Just last weekend, we relied upon my parents for babysitting during a cross country ski lesson and for a low key evening out of the house. It's so wonderful to be able to cal them up, bring over some fresh vegetables and have a quick dinner together. Kid reaches for his Mootzie as soon as we arrive at their house and snuggles in close for some love. It's such a wonderful thing to witness. Again, I am thankful and we are so fortunate!

...friends. My closest girlfriends and I are all turning 30 within a month of each other. We have started planning for our birthday bash: a night out on the town and a slumber party downtown. Oh my goodness, I am so pumped! I have known these women since 9th grade (and one of them since first grade!). We have all been through so much together and, while we are different points in our lives, we still manage to get together on a weekly basis for dinner. I call upon these women in times of need, knowing that they would give me the shirt off their backs if needed. And I would do the same for them. Again. So thankful.

...the sun. It's been dreary around here lately. It's wintertime. The sun rises late and sets early. Sometimes, when I arrive home, it's already dark. But lately, the sun has shown his pretty face longer and longer. This weekend, while Kid napped, I pushed my comfy chair into the window and soaked up the sun. Oh, the vitamin D! Winter gets hard. It's cold. It's dark. It's blah. But when the sun joins us in the winter, life is so much better! There really are a ton of things to do in the winter, and they are all so much more enjoyable when the sun shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment