Wednesday, February 26, 2014

{recetas} "Breaded" Chicken Tenders

I made these the other day for our lunches, and my husband had a good laugh. And then he said, "okay, mom. I'll go do my homework." Which says to me that chicken tenders, to him, are kid food.

But, I'll let you in on a little secret.

It's kind of the hubby's fault.

I had planned to make "breaded" chicken breasts for dinner with the chicken breasts from Costco. The hubs and I took a big run to Costco last weekend. One of our purchases was chicken. I told hubs that I would get the chicken thighs. He was in charge of getting the chicken breasts.

And what did I find when I opened the freezer? Chicken breast tenderloins. AKA chicken tenders.

Chicken tenders for lunch it is!


What you need:
1 bag of pork rinds
Seasonings of your choice (I used herbes de provence)
Freshly ground black pepper
Chicken breast tenderloins

What you do:
Preheat your oven to 325. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet (okay, I call them cookie sheets).

Empty the bag of pork rinds into your food processor (or into a Ziploc bag). Add a fair amount of your seasonings and a bit of black pepper. Turn on the food processor (or roll over the bag with a rolling pin) until the pork rinds become crumbs (think bread crumbs). Pour the pork crumbs into a bowl.

Coat the chicken breast tenderloins in pork crumbs. I suppose, if you put yours in a Ziploc bag, you could add your chicken to the bag and shake it up. Like Shake 'N' Bake! Do you remember Shake 'N' Bake!?
"It's Shake 'N' Bake, 'n' I helped!"

Once the chicken is coated, pace it on a wire rack over a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees. My chicken, in my oven, was done in 25 minutes. Cooking times vary. Adjust your times accordingly.
Serve with your choice of dipping sauce. The hubs prefers Cholula sauce. I like them plain.

Enjoy the Pork "Breaded" Chicken Tenders!

No comments:

Post a Comment