Thursday, February 20, 2014

\\Thankful Thursday Vol. 8//


I find that it is impossibly easy to get into a rut of negativity. And once you're there, it's hard to climb your way out. Writing down my thankfuls for each week has become a way to stay away from the negative. Feel free to leave your thankfuls in the comments.


This week, I am thankful for...

...days off from work. It has been so fun to be home with Kid during the week. Monday was Presidents' Day and he had so much energy. It was so different to be home with him, instead of picking him up from daycare. He's tired after a day at daycare (or one of his grandparents' houses!), so having him all day during the week is fun. We played with all of his toys, we read books, we sang songs. We worked on crawling. Okay. I've talked about crawling a lot here, on Twitter, and on Instagram. You may think that I really, really wish Kid were crawling. I am completely content to have a baby that is not yet crawling! Either way, Monday was a delight. I am most definitely looking forward to summer and having a few months to be a SAHM. It'll probably be more work that kindergarten, but I can't wait!

...books. I haven't had much time to read, but I'm currently reading Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. So far, so good. Plus, I love the feel of a real book in my hands. The smell of the paper, the look of the print. Obviously, I am a blogger, and the internet means a lot to me but there is something to be said about an old fashioned book.

...my winter boots. We have gotten so much snow in the last couple of days. While I haven't had to venture out, I have made a few trips into the wintery wonderland. My Keen boots have been a life-saver. It was warm today (the car read 31 degrees Fahrenheit), so the snow on the roads/in parking lots is getting slushy. Walking through that mush is annoying. And when I don't wear boots? My pants get wet. Boots are a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment