Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What to do When it Snows in April

It happened again. We got a beautiful taste of the most amazing spring weather. The sun shone. The trees looked alive and happy. The birds visited our (4) feeders and chirped all the while.

And then it snowed. It snowed on and off all day long.

Our skis are packed away. The snowboards have their summer wax. My mittens are in hiding. Even my winter coat has gone down for its months-long nap.


  Get a coffee. Okay, okay, I don’t drink coffee. Instead, I got a hot chocolate with a shot of caramel. Ooh, so delicious! And it warms you right up! My mitten-less hands were happy as can be.

 Cozy up with a good book. This is my plan for later this evening (along with #3), once Kid is asleep. I have just the book, too. I’m currently reading The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. Good book. I suggest you read it!

 Take a nice, warm bath. And the only way to do that is with a good book (see #2) and a bowl of Cheetos. Can’t go wrong with that. This is another one, though, that needs to be done when Kid is asleep. Otherwise, it just isn’t that peaceful.


 Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy the sun when it’s out.

Get outside! The laundry can wait until later!

Enjoy it, because you never know when it may snow in April. Or May.
Or even June!

No comments:

Post a Comment