Monday, April 14, 2014

::Dinner Plans #13::

Surprise, I'm running late again.

It's Monday night. Almost 9pm. I normally have dinner plans up on Sunday morning. I haven't even looked at the pictures from Kid's birthday party. I haven't even taken his 1 year pictures. Whoops.

But, here I am. Back at it, planning away. Getting ready to get those meals on the table.

My sister called me this weekend. She wanted a grocery shopping buddy. She is attempting to shop at my grocery store (Aldi - woo hoo!) for the first time. Oh, how I love my grocery store. And introducing my sister to the savings has been so fun! There was no way I was going to turn her down. We packed up the kiddos and headed out.

The only problem? I didn't have a shopping list. I had to fly by the seat of my pants. Which makes cooking a little more difficult (at least for me!).


Sunday: Little brother's birthday dinner (rescheduled from last week - he had just gotten home from India last week and was far too tired!).

Monday: Hamburger steaks with a mushroom sage sauce and sweet peas. This was the "fly by the seat of my pants" meal. I got home and realized that I had to babysit (and feed) my 2 year old nephew.

Tuesday: Happy Hour (and appetizers) at my aunt and uncles house. My dad's brother and his wife are in town this week, so we are gathering to see them.

Wednesday: Pepper and steak hash with scrambled eggs. This has become a go-to meal for our family - so easy, and always delicious. And, we always have eggs and peppers on hand.

Thursday: Crispy Italian Chicken Thighs. Trying something new this week. Kind of excited, but still deciding upon side dishes. Any ideas?

Friday: Tilapia lettuce wraps (aka. fish tacos with a lettuce leaf instead of a tortilla).

Saturday: Pheasant soup. We don't have a recipe for this. The hubs is going to search for some. Or, I'm going to make one up as we go (which is always a little nerve-wracking).

Ahh, I'm excited to finally go link up with Jessica Lynn Writes!

Jessica Lynn Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment