Okay. That makes it sound like I tried a million times.
I only attempted this recipe twice. The first time was an epic fail. Super bland, not good chicken. I still ate it, so it wasn't horrible. But it wasn't worth sharing (or making again).
But this time! This time, it all worked out!
White Wine Chicken Thighs
What you need:
- 4 chicken thighs (or legs, or breasts)
- 2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
What you do:
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the olive oil, white wine and garlic.
- In a small preparation dish, mix the basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Combine the seasoning mix with the wine and oil mixture.
- Add the chicken to the bowl. Agitate to cover the chicken pieces with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours (I did 5). Or all day. Or overnight. Do what works for you!
- When the mood strikes you, or it's dinner time, preheat the oven to 350. Place all four chicken thighs in a baking dish. Pour the marinade over the top of the chicken. Bake the chicken for an hour--but check the internal temperature to be sure it's done.