Thursday, October 10, 2013

Home Grown!

I grew a cantaloupe!

I'm not sure why, but I always thought growing fruit would be difficult.

Truth be told, it's not. In fact, we completely forgot about our cantaloupe and watermelon plants until just a few days ago. Eight cantaloupes and five watermelons! Can you believe it!? I couldn't...

We finally picked one of the cantaloupe.. My oh my, was it delicious!



I'm not sure if you're aware, but homegrown fruits and vegetables taste so much better than the store bought variety!


2 comments:

  1. Any special instructions for growing them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as a matter of fact, I have some very simple instructions: start the plant indoors, then transplant it to a garden that will stay moist. I think that is key, as we never watered the plants and they did just fine!

      Delete