Friday, October 19, 2012

A Little Something Called MEA

As a teacher in Minnesota, I feel extremely exhausted during the months of September and October. By November, I'm back into the groove of the school year and life is back to normal.

Being that it is still October, though, I am completely exhausted. But oh so thankful for this wonderful statewide conference we have called MEA. In the past, I have gone to a session or two during the two day conference, but this year was a little different. MEA is on a Thursday and Friday, giving teachers the two days off from work. Being that it was directly after two twelve hour work days, I decided rest was much more important.

And rest I have, indeed! Yesterday was complete with a two hour nap! TWO HOURS!  I don't remember the last time I snuck in a two hour nap.

I have yet to nap today, and don't assume that I will. You see, this weekend is filled with joyous events. This afternoon, I am meeting up with some wonderful ladies--my dear old college roommates. I have sadly fallen out of touch with them, but have begun to make an effort again. We will have a happy hour this afternoon, and the fourth roommate's wedding tomorrow.  The husband's family is also in town this weekend, also for a wedding. Also on Saturday. I'm going to try my hand at double-duty. I'll be at the ceremony of one wedding and the reception of another. Busy, busy. But so much fun...and so much love!

I also have the daunting task of putting together our Halloween costumes. Of course, I could just buy them, but they are so much more fun to make! I haven't bought a costume since I've known my husband, and I have to say the creative juices get juicier every year!

And finally, I have some posts planned! One being the Halloween costumes, of course. The other being a painting project. I'll give you more details on that, later.

For now, I'm off to meet up with the beautiful roommates!  I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment