Monday, May 12, 2014

::Dinner Plans #17::

Hi, and happy Monday!

How was everyone's Mother's Day? I had a fabulous day yesterday. We spent Saturday evening and Sunday morning up north with my husband's family. Hubs' sister and brother-in-law live in the small town of Mora, MN. We were able to see there house and hang out on their 7 acres of woods. And, upon our return home, we scoured our bodies, Kid's body, and the dog's body for ticks. I. Hate. Ticks. They scare the crud out of me.

We spent a couple hours at home, and then went to my sister's house for a gathering with my family. It was so delightful. They just moved into a new home, so it was fun to see the changes they've made to the home, and hear what my niece had to say about it: "Do you remember my room? It's mine because it's pink, and I love it. Do you want to play Frozen?" She'll be four in July, and is already planning her Frozen party.

But the best part of the weekend? My husband and I took a personal day from work today. And sent Kid to daycare for a couple of hours. It was so nice to hang out at home and get things done without the baby at our feet. Unfortunately, he came home from daycare rather cranky. He signed for milk, but was not a fan of the sippy cup. I'm not sure when we're supposed to get rid of the bottle. We haven't yet. He gets a bottle of milk in the AM, and then one before bed. He continued to sign for milk, so we gave him his bottle early. But, get this. We normally start the bedtime routine at 7:30 and he's asleep by 8.

He's been asleep since 6pm. Tired boy.

I'm a little concerned about the rest of the night, though.


Sunday: pizza with my family. Oh, it was so wonderful.

Monday: we're finally getting around to making a whole chicken in the dutch oven. I used this recipe (it's currently cooking) for the chicken, and sauteed some mushrooms and zucchini on the side.

Tuesday: dinner is usually on our own on Tuesdays. Hubs has a coaching job on Tuesday nights, and I supervise soccer fields. Kid hangs out with my parents.

Wednesday: grilled chili-lime steak. Maybe some peppers on the side, and some marinated vegetables.

Thursday: some form of meatloaf. I haven't decided yet. But I'm planning on making it up. And I'm planning on using my Dutch oven (although, since it is enameled, I think it is technically a French oven). 

Friday: burgers and grilled veggies.

Saturday: my nephew turns one! We will be at his birthday party for dinner.

Okay, I stopped in the middle of this post to finish making dinner, and to enjoy it with my husband. Kid has still been asleep the entire time (I'm kind of shocked!).

Jessica Lynn Writes

No comments:

Post a Comment