Monday, March 4, 2013

Updates & A Meal Plan

Truthfully, I don't have much in the form of updates. Except for the fact that I'll be 30 weeks on Wednesday and my toes are rapidly disappearing from view!

In the past week, I had 3 (yep, three) coworkers comment on my size and how I am bound to have a big baby. Luckily, I'm not one that is overly concerned with this. I am the size I am right now for a reason. Maybe I'll have a huge baby...his dad was 10.5 pounds...it wouldn't be that surprising.

I think what shocked me most was that people actually said something. Way back in the day (ok, less than 30 weeks ago) I had read an article titled "10 Worst Things to Say to a Pregnant Woman." One of those ten worst things was any sort of comment on her size. I recall thinking to myself, "who on earth would comment on a pregnant woman's size!?"

Oh, it happens.

One woman even said, "Weren't you due a couple of days ago?"  Haha, nope. Not 'til May! Like I said, the comments didn't really bug me. I've become a home for this little guy and if he needs me to be the size I am, then so be it! It's the fact that these women (all women that have children of their own) made a comment about it.

Anywho...on to the more important stuff. I planned to show off the super cool bookshelf my husband and I painted.  Except it didn't turn out that cool. And, the hubs did all of the painting. Apparently, I picked up the wrong kind of primer and it stunk. The hubs even got a headache. A full 48 hours later, the primer is dry and the bookshelf still stinks. I'm a little hesitant about putting it in the babe's room. Needless to say, I don't plan on sharing that project epic fail with you all.

And, the meal plan. Quite frankly, this week is a cheapo meal plan because we will only be home for dinner a handful of times:

Monday: Southwest Meatloaf, Scalloped Potatoes, Mixed Greens
Tuesday: Girls' Night (I'm bringing bread)
Wednesday: Birthday Dinner @ my parents' house
Thursday: Mushroom Gravy Slow Cooked Rump Roast
Friday: Super-Secret-Hubs-Is-Cooking-For-My-Birthday
Saturday: Venison Fajitas, Mexican Rice
Sunday: Chicken Pad Thai

Easy-peasy meal plan, but I'm pretty excited about it. Especially Friday's plans. I have absolutely NO idea what they include. I asked the hubs if I could pick up any ingredients for him. He said he'll take care of it (he's pretty awesome, FYI).

Anyway, time to play one of my favorite games:


Have you ever played Mastermind!? It is amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment