Tonight, we experiment with venison chili. He was pushing for venison chili, so he's the master chef tonight.
What you need:
- 1 pound venison
- 2 cans chili-ready beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- half of an onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cholula sauce
- 1 jar of salsa (chunky)
- 1 can southwestern style diced tomatoes
What you do:
- Brown the venison and chop your onion and pepper (we have a handy-dandy veggie chopper aka time saver).
- Throw everything in a stock pot (or crock pot) and give it a stir. Bring it to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender-crisp (5 to 6 hours in the slow cooker, on low).
- Top with your choice of chili toppings. I go for cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Hubs does cheese and sour cream.
Pretty tasty meal. And! I didn't have to cook OR clean! Win-win in my book!