Friday, November 9, 2012

Adios, Raja

My beautiful Rust Bucket. The wonderful Mitsubishi Mirage. She's been a gem. A joy. Her radio crapped out a few months ago. She's louder than ever. If you lift the hood, pieces of it fall to the ground. She's that rusty. She and I don't go anywhere without the jumper cables (even though I've never had a problem).

The time has come, though. The time to say goodbye. I find myself a little bit sad...but mostly super excited!

You see, my mother-in-law just bought herself a new car. And her old car is coming to us. She just gave us her Explorer. It's hard to believe. But it's true. We get her on Saturday.

I find myself happy, though, because this came at the perfect time. My brother drove his car into the ground. His car won't start. It won't budge. No sound of an engine even turning over. D-E-A-D, dead. While the Rust Bucket has a few quirks...don't close the gas door, it won't open again...she runs. She'll get you from A to B and then back to A or maybe off to C. She needs new tires, but she has a brand new battery.

I think, come Saturday, the Rust Bucket will be moving downtown. What a wonderful car she has been. And she's made it through the whole family: my sister bought it, I've had it, and now the little brother will have it. It just seems fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment