Friday, March 6, 2015

Tractor Party Planning

My dear sweet cousin came for a visit the other day. With her, she brought lunch and her adorable 5 week old baby C. I loved the cuddle time with baby C as we chatted about life and the transition to motherhood. She brought up Kid's upcoming birthday. And I realized that Kid will be 2 in about six weeks. Holy cats that will be here soon!

We chatted about Kid's birthday, and how I was feeling conflicted. Can I begin planning it? But the baby is going to show up at any time! How will I pick a date?!

Smarty-cousin of mine reminded me that I can plan everything except the date. Then, once baby gets here, I can choose a date and plug that into the invites.

Done and done.

Kid loves tractors, and the Hubs loves John Deere. It has been decided that Kid will have a tractor party.

First things first, the food. That really is the most important thing, anyway. A few years ago, I threw a John Deere baby shower for a friend, so I plan to use a lot of those ideas. And, of course, Pinterest. I love Pinterest. But at the same time, it is impossible to have an original idea because it's probably already on Pinterest. I digress.


1 |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6*

*I couldn't locate the original source of this image! Someone, please help!!*


1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7

And then, of course, there are the activities! I'm not putting together a collage of activities because those are going to be a surprise. That, and, Kid is 2. We aren't having a "friend" birthday party. The only kids that will be there are his cousins (he has 6 of them) and two buddies. Most of the kids will be Kid's age or younger and I truly don't believe that activities are necessary. We will offer some tractor rides on the Hubs' John Deere tractor. That'll definitely be Kid's favorite part!


No comments:

Post a Comment