Friday, April 26, 2013

Even MORE Lessons! (Aren't you excited!?)

This little boy and I have enjoyed our first full week of being home alone together. The hubs went back to work on Monday.

While it has been interesting, it most definitely has been delightful and quite the learning experience.

That's right. I've got more lessons for you.

I don't remember what number I'm on. Let's start with six.

Lesson #6: Kids and Dogs

Having a baby and a 1 year old really active hunting dog is hard work. Especially since it has still been so cold and I've been hesitant to take G on a walk. Plus! The dog has never walked with a stroller. I'm unsure if it is wise to have the baby in the stroller for the first walk. I'll wait to cross that bridge. Maybe I'll cross it when the hubs is home. My point is that this puppy boy wants to spend hours outside mi it were just me and him, I'd happily oblige. But it's not just me and him. If it were, he'd be in his crate all day. And I'd be teaching those five year olds.

Lesson #7: Constipation Sucks

G has been poopless since Monday afternoon. My father in law is a doctor and said be not worried until the fourth poopless day. Hello fourth poopless day. How are you? I think the boy spent more hours grunting and trying to poop than sleeping and eating. Poor kid. We have an unrelated doc appointment today for him. We will definitely bring up the poop.

Lesson #8: Adaptability is Awesome

Back during my pregnancy, and even pre-pregnancy days, I needed some good, solid hours of sleep. Lots of hours. 7, 8, 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Man, have I ever adapted. Two, maybe three, hours every so often hasn't been that bad. Sleep when the baby sleeps has been great!

This little guy has only been around for 3 weeks (3 weeks til his due date!) and I've already learned so much!

I think the biggest lesson, though, is how quickly time flies.

1 comment:

  1. Aww friend, he is gorgeous!
    You are adapting to mommyhood AMAZINGLY!
    The constipation thing is hard even on parents.
    My oldest had it on Easter Sunday when she was 6 weeks old and I was crying along with her while she was pushing.
    Sleep when you can, please, that is the one piece of advice I can give you.
    Because it isn't easy and you need your energy.
    It will get better, I promise.
    You will be sleeping 8 hours before ya know it. :)

    ReplyDelete