Thursday, April 12, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality...

Well, Spring Break ended a week ago. I've been back at work for five days and have eaten dinner at home once. I find it sad that this is my reality, but it is. The husband and I are so busy. We both have family that lives nearby.

It's become tradition to have dinner at my parents' house each Monday, which I love. My sister and brother-in-law are there with my niece. Sometimes my younger brother shows up. It's a great family time. It has also become a tradition to meet up with my high school girlfriends on Tuesdays. Two nights out of the house right at the beginning of the week. I don't know why, but having those two nights booked makes me feel extra busy, all the time. Even if those are the only "busy" nights.

I will say, though, that it makes it rather difficult to get things done around the house. We have a pile of mail that has sat on the kitchen counter since before we left on vacation. Our office and bedroom are still a disaster.

I'm unsure as to whether or not the two are correlated, but I have been in tears quite a bit this week. We have been home since Saturday, but have accomplished nothing at our house (irritating, I have to admit). This makes me frustrated, and frustration can easily bring me to tears. The other side of the teary-eyed story deals with the dragons we were given. One started displaying dominant and territorial behaviors. The other is not doing well. They've been separated and the territorial one has been re-homed, but I cried about them, too.

I'm hoping that it's a combination of being away so much these last weeks (we leave town tomorrow), the mess that is my living space and the full moon that have made me cry so this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment