Saturday, March 10, 2012

Lull

I've been on a blogging lull as of late. I'm finishing up some coursework for my master's degree and it has taken its toll on me. Who knew a master's was so much work!? Just kidding...I knew going into it that it would be a TON of work. I am set to be completely done, though, at the end of the next school year. I have just under a year and a half left. Pretty exciting!

Like I said, though, it has taken its toll on me. I'm tired. It's hard to go to school when you're working full time--be that working full time as a mom or in the business world. It's just tough.

As summer nears, though, I am looking forward to having more time at home. I'm a teacher, you see, and school will be wrapped up by June. Of course, I nanny during the summer, so I don't get to be a stay at home wife (no kids, yet!). I will still be working three days a week, but will absolutely adore the Mondays and Fridays that I do not work.

I've already started a list of projects that I would like to finish by the end of summer. I don't want to say they are summer projects, because I hope to get to them during the school year too.

My list of projects:
  • paint the ugly fish stand we have
  • paint the house (outside)
  • paint the kitchen and hallway
  • re-do our deck (specifically, the stairs...they're wobbly and lopsided)
  • garden! (seeds are going to be started tonight or tomorrow!)
  • learn how to make pickles
  • make a piece of art for the blank wall we have above the stairs/in the entry way
I could continue, because now I'm getting into the brainstorming mood and the ideas are starting to flow...but, I have to run to the grocery store for our dinner feast.

Don't forget to change your clocks!

2 comments:

  1. Your project list looks fun! Are the deck stairs really that bad? Definitely get those fixed sooner rather than later (safety!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty bad! Even though it is lower on my project list, it is probably on the top of the list of things to do now. We like to entertain and our deck is a perfect place for that. Fixing the steps is really important!

    ReplyDelete