Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tastebud Disagreement

I have heard RAVE reviews about Guinness Stew (also known as Stout Stew, Irish Stew, etc.). I was very much hoping that it would be a wonderful dinner served over mashed potatoes. Plus, Guinness is such a yummy beer...how could it be bad?

Well, it was. Just straight up not good. Mr. Husband and I got married in June of this year. While we do have dinner with family quite frequently, I cook a majority of the evenings (except this past week: we ate out or at a family member's house every night). Never have I ever had to throw a dinner away. Granted, this is mostly because my husband will eat anything. Even if it doesn't taste fantastic.

Today, Guinness Stew ended up in the sink. I took two bites, he took four. Never has this happened before. Mr. Husband, of course, was very sweet and said, "It's okay, babe." Quite frankly, I don't care that dinner ended up badly. Am I bummed about the wasted ingredients? Of course. I don't like to waste food one bit. But am I going to continue to eat something that makes me gag? Not so much. We ate our small portions and got rid of the rest via the garbage disposal.

Someday, there will be another attempt at making Guinness Stew (obviously with a different recipe).

Does anyone have a good Guinness stew recipe?  Please share...

No comments:

Post a Comment