Sunday, June 1, 2014

::Dinner Plans #19::

Oh me, oh my. Last week was a bit of disaster without a meal plan. Work has been rather busy, since it's the end of the school year, and I've felt a bit frazzled. This week, I decided that a meal plan was necessary, just to keep a bit of my sanity!

As you can probably tell from my absence on the ol' blog, we have been busy! It has definitely been a good busy, though. We have had a lot of family time, including an engagement party, a birthday party, and evening bonfires. When Kid was a new baby, I joined a Mama group at Amma Parenting Center in Edina. One of the best things I did for myself. TOday, after not seeing the moms and babes in the group, we got together to celebrate everyone's first birthday. My little man is the oldest, but everyone was born within 8 weeks of each other. With summer (almost) here, I hope to be better at keeping in contact and meeting up with everyone to give Kid a few more opportunities to play with kids his age since he won't be at daycare.

The weekend has come to an end, and Kid is finally in bed. His sleep has been off lately - I blame the molars he's working on (his gums are bruised!).


Sunday: Today, we were so unbelievably healthy. We had popcorn for dinner. Kid had leftover homemade chicken noodle soup, peas, and sweet potatoes. He's the lucky one.

Monday: Kebabs ... with beef, zucchini, and mushrooms. I'm excited for our first kebabs of the season!

Tuesday: Cashew Chicken. I'm thinking of grilling, though. It is spring, after all, and I need to make up for the time the grill sat unused.

Wednesday: Roasted Chicken with Garlic and Onions. I won't eat the onions, but I love the flavor they add to the chicken.

Thursday: BBQ Chicken, with homemade BBQ sauce. There's a lot of chicken on the menu this week. We have quite a bit of chicken in the freezer that needs to get used.

Friday: Fancy Steak & Eggs, except I plan to use venison steaks. Again, it's what we have in the freezer. And, I just really like venison.

Saturday: Make Your Own Hobo Dinners. I love hobo dinners. They're so easy, and you can put just about anything into the packet. Now, we will just have to decide if we want to cook them in the oven, or build a bonfire and bury them in the coals.

No comments:

Post a Comment