Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Month Resolution

I don't make New Year's Resolutions. Never have, an I probably never will. January doesn't seem like a new year to me anyway. The new year for a teacher really comes mid-August, back to school time.

Back to the lack of resolutions. Although I don't make a New Year's resolution, I have noticed that I am constantly coming up with ways to improve my life. Usually on a monthly basis.

This month, I am working on follow-through. It is something I have struggled with my whole life. My mom and maternal grandmother have the same issue... My goal this month, though, is to follow through on more things.

For example, I have been talking about a "chore" schedule for the last six months (or more). Nothing had happened. Today, though, it all changed. I made the chore schedule. And it's pretty simple, too.

Each day has a five or ten minute cleaning task to complete. I didn't get super fancy with my new schedule. Have you seen those ones on Pinterest!? They're amazing!! Mine is simple...just chicken scratch on a piece of paper.

But, it will help. Just having the schedule written down will help me to complete the tasks and FOLLOW THROUGH with the house tidying efforts!

New Month Resolutions... I kinda like 'em!

Finn's helping to put shoes away...

No comments:

Post a Comment