Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vegetables!

I made the mistake of walking into the hardware store today. Love, love, love that store. I could wander its aisles for hours. Luckily, I had some frozen food items in the car that I had to get in the freezer. A typical Minnesota February would allow me as much time as needed in the store with frozen items in the car. This year? This year is a little different. It's 49 degrees out today!

I digress...

My goal was to pick up a bunch of paint swatches. I had recently read this post over at A Bowl Full of Lemons and loved the idea. I have to admit, it felt weird taking all of those paint swatches, so I decided to do my color books in stages. Today, I picked up oranges, blues and some browns. Have no fear, I will head back shortly and get some reds, purples, greens and grays.

As usual, I got a little sidetracked at the hardware store (not uncommon!) and headed over to the "seasonal" area. I noticed that the salts and shovels were being packed into a smaller area and garden stuff was making its arrival. Hooray!

I started to pull the packets of seeds for all of the vegetables I want to grow this year: carrots, peas, cucumbers, potatoes, summer squash. And some herbs, too: chives, cilantro, basil, oregano. I had quite a few packets ready to be purchased.

But then I remembered what I told myself when I pulled into the parking lot: "Don't spend any money." Dang, I had to put everything back.

It's probably better that way, as I know that Mr. Husband would like to help with picking out the vegetables for this year's garden...

Do you have a vegetable garden? What do you plan on growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment